You need this album.
Tag Archives: fuelGOODmusic
Joyce Wrice – Do You Love Me
If you’re aren’t feelin’ this slice of #fuelgood summer-ness, can’t help ya, homey.
Remy Shand – My Hollywood
Winnipeg done been wondering for a minute now what the Garden City bwoy been up to.
Jay Boogie – Rap vs. Hip Hop, 03/19/15
Boogz’ latest RVHH instalment features minty new joints from K.Dot, BBNG/Ghostface, Preemo & Royce’s PRhyme project, Dipset man dem, Drizzy, the Beat Junkies’ Funky President, MMG’s Dream Chaser, Meek Milly.
Perfect way to bless your first day of Spring.
- Sherane – Kendrick Lamar
- Gunshowers (ft Elzhi) – BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah
- Careful – Wu-Tang Clan
- Shine On Straight Arrow – Cris Williamson
- Rewind That – Common
- Dat Sound Good (ft Ab-Soul, Mac Miller) – PRhyme
- Wannabeemceez – KRS-One
- What the Blood Clot – Method Man
- Born & Raised in Compton – DJ Quik
- Have My Money – The Diplomats
- Energy – Drake
- The Blacker The Berry – Kendrick Lamar
- She (ft Frank Ocean) – Tyler The Creator
- Birds of a Feather (ft Q-Tip, Trugoy, Mike G) – Black Sheep
- Jay Dee’s Revenge (ft Danny Brown, DJ Dez) – J. Dilla
- Get ‘Er Done (ft MF Doom) – Jake One
- Drop (Da Beatminerz Remix) – The Pharcyde
- Fallin’ Up – Black Eyed Peas
- A High Sunrise – J. Rocc
- Manipulation – IRS
- Turn Me Up Some – Busta Rhymes
- Blind Wid da Science – Rascalz
- S&M on the Rocks – Swollen Members
- Blues for Sonny – mood ruff
- The Platform – Dilated Peoples
- B-Boy (ft A$AP Ferg, Big Sean) – Meek Mill
- Microphone Master (ft Mobb Deep) – Das EFX
- Oh Yeah – Foxy Brown
- Aaahh – J. Dilla
- Touchdown (Remix ft French Montana, Busta Rhymes) – OT Genasis
Jay Boogie – Rap vs. Hip Hop, 12/31/14
- How to Kill God – Apollo Brown & Ras Kass
- Lunch Money – Pusha-T
- U Looz – PRhyme
- Ruckus in B Minor – Wu-Tang Clan
- Ante Up (Remix) – M.O.P.
- Speak Ya Clout – Gang Starr
- When Will They Shoot? – Ice Cube
- Battle Drill – Saafir
- B-Boy Stance – k-os
- Scrabble – Rene Costy
- Fuck the Police – Jay Dee
- Who Got the Props? (Evil Dee’s Deadly Mix) – Black Moon
- I Can’t Wake Up – KRS-One
- Microphone Killa – Freeway & Jake One
- No. 99 – Joey Bada$$
- Back On the Scene – Frankie Cutlass
- Scenario (Remix) – A Tribe Called Quest
- Appetite for Destruction – N.W.A.
- B Side Wins Again – Public Enemy
- Let the Rhythm Hit ‘em – Eric B & Rakim
Jay Boogie – Richmond Son
With the release of Black Messiah, I wanted to give folks who aren’t as familiar with @thedangelo a taste of what came before and give fans a nice likkle mix to enjoy.
I have been actually thinking about doing a D’angelo mix for a minute; apropos that BM dropped when it did.
There are a lot of ways this could have gone & there may be more to come but after a PK sesh with the Aerizer, this is how I was feeling.
Ain’t That Easy (Black Messiah, RCA, Dec, 2014)
Me and Those Dreamin’ Eyes of Mine (Brown Sugar, Virgin, July, 1995)
Feel Like Makin’ Love (Voodoo, EMI, January, 2000)
Sugah Daddy (Black Messiah, RCA, Dec, 2014)
Jonz in My Bonz (Brown Sugar, Virgin, July, 1995)
Playa Playa (Voodoo, EMI, January, 2000)
1000 Deaths (Black Messiah, RCA, Dec, 2014)
Smooth (Brown Sugar, Virgin, July, 1995)
Chicken Grease (Voodoo, EMI, January, 2000)
Back To The Future (Part 1) (Black Messiah, RCA, Dec, 2014)
Greatdayndamornin’ (Voodoo, EMI, January, 2000)
Prayer (Black Messiah, RCA, Dec, 2014)
Lady (Brown Sugar, Virgin, July, 1995)
New mix series coming.
It’s no secret that Boogz is a Dilla head.
When the time came for him to drop a tribute mix, it really came down to putting something out that hasn’t been done previously.
That being said, the period spanning 1999-2001 was the most prolific for the revered Soulquarians family & it represented one of the most interesting musical periods of James Yancey’s career.
It is this period that is given shine on The Electric Lady Suite.
Site to be revamped, updated.
It’s been a minute – hell, an hour – since the last update.
Plans are in place to overhaul in some form or fashion.
In in the meantime, you can follow team exploits on social media via Instagram: @bundownsound @fuelgoodradio @quadratik @jayboogz_ @brandnew2ndhand @ishaboibruce @maverik_one @eamonraw @luciousfrazer @leo_cabanal @mikeyshhh @djsallyboo @jamilthedj
Breaking news – sorta
It certainly has been a hot minute since the last update. The fellas have naturally been grindin’, working on music and rinsing that fuelgoodmusic on the regular. If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook – individually or collectively – then you’re in the loop & have been keeping up with the movements.
A major focus for the team has been our weekend residency at Bar Italia. As you know, we are spinning there from Thursday to Saturday. Each night has a specific focus but the format remains the Ultimately, fuelgoodweekends is a signature residency where we showcase what we have come to be known for – that fuelgood sh!t, son.
Thursdays: Maverik One
Saturdays: Bruce Lord
It is not uncommon to see variations on each night with all three regularly playing alongside each other with appearances by Premium Plus, Jay Boogie and DJ Rahdil, as well. Speaking of Rahdil, you can catch him on the Streetz 107.9 weekly boat cruise on Thursday nights, as well as at Republic on Saturday nights.
If you were wondering what’s been happening with fuelgoodradio, which aired Fridays from 12 midnight – 2 a.m., there will be a slot change within the next three weeks. The biggest challenge was the fact that everyone is always booked to play on Friday nights, which is why we were prerecording the show. With the new slot, we will all be in the studio live!
One last thing…Break4Bread/DGC 10th year anniversary is approaching! It’s going down August 18 at Sisler High School and will feature special guest judge B-Boy Ronnie (Red Bull BC One All-Stars, Supercrew), the 2-on-2 All-Styles battle as well as Maverik One providing the beats and breaks! For more info, search for the event page on Facebook.
OK, that’s a wrap for now. Keep us bookmarked, follow us on Twitter (@bunDOWN) or Facebook (bundownSOUNDSYSTEM)