With it being Black Friday and all, Jay Boogie has dropped two mixtapes to help you transition out of the retail therapy and into your turnip region.
- Mercy – Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha-T, 2 Chainz
- I Luv Dem Strippers (ft Nicki Minaj) – 2 Chainz
- Low (ft Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Bibby, Young Thug) – Juicy J
- Fuck Love (ft Tory Lanez) – Trina
- Wild For the Night (ft Skrillex, Birdy Nam Nam) – A$AP Rocky
- Trap Back Jumpin’ – T.I.
- Tuesday (ft Drake) – I LOVE MAKONNEN
- Computers (ft Bobby Schmurda) – Rowdy Rebel
- 9 Piece (ft Lil’ Wayne) – Rick Ro$$
- Hustlaz Ambition – Jeezy
- 4 What (ft Jeezy, Yo Gotti, Juicy J) – DJ Drama
- DnF (ft Drake, Future) – P. Reign
- No Type – Rae Sremmurd
- King Push – Pusha-T
- Elvis Presley Blvd (ft Project Pat) – Rick Ro$$
- Mind Right – TK N Cash
- Start Pimpin’ (ft Chief Keef) – Gucci Mane
- Pay Attention (ft Rico Love) – Big K.R.I.T.
- Finer Things (ft Lil’ Herb) – Young Chop
- Blah Blah Blah – Rich Homie Quan
- The Body (ft Jeremih) – Wale
- Remember You (ft The-Weeknd) – Wiz Khalifa
- Buy the World (ft Lil’ Wayne, Kendrick Lamar, Future) – Mike Will Made-it
- Turn Up – 2 Chainz & Cap 1
- One of Those Nights (ft The-Weeknd) – Juicy J
- The Language – Drake
Kinda outta nowhere – or not.
The most polarizing issue in the US reared its ugly head again following the decision of the Missouri grand jury to not indict Darren Wilson in the shooting death of 18 year old Mike Brown in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.
With peers like Killer Mike (@killermikegto) and The RZA (@rza) – who decided to leak the title track to the new Wu album in light of the Ferguson decision – sharing their sentiments, could this be a move to action for Lil’ Wayne (@liltunechi).
His Twitter didn’t say much but appears to be an acknowledgment of some sort:
And 9th Wonder (@9thwondermusic), a visible member of the Black Jedi UZN chapter, obviously knew what was up:
Since its inception in New York City in the 70s, the Universal Zulu Nation has been a community-based sociopolitical movement whose roots bore fruit to hip hop culture.
Today is typically associated with Black Friday, the second strongest retail day after Boxing Day.
But, for vinyl lovers – many of which are rap fans, obviously – today is Record Store Day.
Here’s a list of the stores in Winnipeg that you should hit up:
They announced the new single via Twitter:
Not too long ago, they unleashed a new line of merch on wearedelasoul.com.
(via Twitter, SoundCloud, De La Soul)
The national broadcaster sat down for a tete-a-tete with the rapper following the Ferguson grand jury decision and his response to it onstage.
Listen to this before you head out for that Black Friday flex.
This Hood Billionaire “freestyle” is the latest in a series of Ludaverses that Chris (sometimes known as) “Ludacris” Bridges (@ludacris) has leaked online.
His upcoming EP, Building Bridges, is due out on December 16.
As a member of the on-air team that helm’s CIUT 89.5FM’s Stylistik Endeavours (@stylistik895) in the Dot and as a member of the Freedom Writers (@freedomwriters_) emcee collective, Theo3 (@theo3music) is a known commodity.
He just released his Payin’ Hommage EP and it lives up to every expectation.
The four-track EP focuses squarely on his shoulders and he tackles the task of locking that reef knot squarely around snappin’ necks with ease.
His gift of gab and dexterous verbal wordplay is accentuated further when backed by Thera-P (@djtherap) on the title cut or riding the aural accentuation of Amir (@amirvee) on Universe Things.
Strongly recommended if you fiend for that good ol’ boom-bap.